Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Legitimately Curious

Our brief little message to the BuildingWhat? campaign, hopefully to be received in the diplomatic spirit in which it was intended:


Something I've never seen addressed is the fact that the penthouse suites on top of WTC 7 collapsed first when the tower collapsed. This particular part of the building was particularly small (it's marked by a red circle in the third photo down: http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=125x68086) and doesn't really seem like it would require the use of explosives to "bring down." The fact that it collapsed first seems like evidence of the capacity of the falling debris from the Towers to cause damage to peripheral buildings. I was wondering what your thoughts were on that.


I've never seen anything lamer than "well, they imploded too!" (the excuse of the authors at Democratic Underground I linked to), so I'm genuinely curious to know what they come up with.

No comments: